Friday, July 10, 2009

I've been thinking for days that I need to share the talk I gave at Blazes service but I forgot to grab it this morning so I wanted to share a poem my Dad wrote for Blaze. He also wrote one for Malia which I will let Ash post. He is so talented and so close to the spirit we are grateful for his kind words and reassurances that everything is going to work out.

A Poem from Blaze
On May 14th 2009 I came along
To the best parents a person could belong

My Mom was Janet and my Dad was Ray
I came to earth but it wasn't a very long stay

Mom and Dad I want you to know
I watched you, as you loved me so

I was just a little fellow as you could tell
But I felt like I was special and you treated me so well

I am here the Angels and my family above
You know that I am surrounded up here by their love

You are special and I want you to know I felt how much you cared
I love you very much, thank you for the short time we shared

I had many people who showed me they cared
Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents and more with the love they shared

So please as you remember me don't forget how I am blessed
With family who loves me and let us remember I think they are the best

So as you look up to the heavens and wonder what I am doing
Just remember I am looking down on all the things you are persuing

I love you for the people you are
I am watching and waiting for you but not very far

So if there is anything I can say or wish for today
Please Mom and Dad Please remember the way you felt when I came your way

There is a place in my heart and a place in my soul
I will always be grateful you made me your goal!

Now there is just one more very important thing
I honestly, and truely love you Blaze Lyle King.

By Val D. Nessen (Grandpa)

2 comments: